- 2face Idibia Speaks On Davido & Death Of DJ Olu, Chime And Tagbo
- No Chills! Jude Okoye’s Sister In-Law Disgraces Paul Okoye’s Wife On IG
- “I smell my v*gina everyday” — Rapper Eva Alordiah
- Savage!!! Startimes shades New Dish TStv for Having Wi-fi Enabled | Photos
- “I Love you Ray, Stay safe” – Tonto Dikeh Says, As She Wish Hushpuppi Speedy Recovery (Photo)
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested the speaker of Ebonyi state House of Assembly, Hon. Ogbonnaya Francis Nwaifuru for alleged N60million fraud.
Sahara Reporters informed that the anti-graft operatives apprehended the speaker on March 4, at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu.
The lawmaker, who is representing Izzi West state constituency in the assembly, allegedly diverted and misappropriated N60million constituency project fund before his emergence as speaker.
The speaker who had previously snubbed two invitations by the commission was first invited on October 20, 2015 to appear before the Enugu zonal office of the EFCC but failed to. The commission sent a reminder letter to the speaker on November 19, 2015, bur also refused to show up.
As at press time operatives of the commission are still quizzing the speaker.
The anti-graft agency reportedly arrested three top officials of Imo state government on March 2, for allegedl diversion of N2 billion bailout fund given to the state by the federal government for payment of salary arrears of the state’s civil servants.