- EXCLUSIVE; See How Nigerians Savaged Shatta Wale on Twitter (Ridiculous Memes)
- I'll Block all Nigerian artiste from Ghana, Shatta Wale Laments as SoundCity Blocks Him
- “Jesus Christ is fake, he is not the son of God” — Rev. Bempah
- Paul Okoye’s Reply To Eedris Abdulkareem’s Criticism Is Epic!
- Bobrisky Finally Released, Claims “Bae” Was Behind His Release
The Executive Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Prof. Umaru Garba Danbatta has warned Nigerians to desist from the use of second hand and substandard mobile phones, saying such devices pose greater risk to the users.
The NCC boss gave the advise at the occasion marking NCC special day at the ongoing 37th Kaduna International Trade Fair. Professor Dambatta who was represented by Hajia Maryam Bayi debunked the insinuation that masts and towers pose health hazards to residents around such facilities, saying cell phones, pose greater health risks than masts.
While highlighting the numerous roles of NCC towards ensuring that telecom subscribers get the best of service from their service providers, the telecoms regulatory agency said, consumers must also play their roles accordingly in other to receive quality service.
His words: “the use of substandard and counterfeit devices, have been identified as one of the reasons for poor quality of service. Today, there are different types of handset in the market. Some of these devices have been used and dropped in the other parts of the world. Some are devices that did not meet international benchmarks for safety and other requirements,” he noted.